There is a natural remedy that is rapidly gaining public awareness as an alternative treatment for a wide range of ailments and illnesses. I’m referring to this remedy: CBD oil, a mixture of over one hundred naturally occurring compounds in the host Cannabis plant and a carrier plant oil such as coconut or palm oil. It is the subject of increasing scientific case studies in the health and well-being sectors. The data produced has shown positive outcomes for patients with a large number of mental health conditions and other illnesses.
What Is CBD Oil?
The main component of CBD e-liquid products like vape oils, oral tinctures, and edible products, its full name is Cannabidiol. Unlike its more infamous brother compound Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it will not give you the feeling of getting high normally associated with the host Cannabis plant. Medical and scientific studies are finding that CBD impacts the body’s specialised endocannabinoid system that regulates sleep patterns, appetite, and pain responses. It is found that chronic pain is also reduced when CBD affects the receptor activity, reducing inflammation and when it interacts with the body’s neurotransmitters that govern pain responses.
Its Varied Uses
There are an increasing amount of CBD oil products as manufacturers continually develop new processes and ideas; they now take up whole sections of health and wellness stores and have led to a wealth of online suppliers. The range of CBD products falls into these main categories –
- Tinctures, pills, and capsules are taken orally.
- Vape e-liquids used in normal vape devices.
- Edibles such as gummies and sweets are taken orally.
- Skincare products such as lotions, creams and salves are rubbed into the skin.
Depending on the type of illness the user is looking to alleviate might determine what product is best suited to their situation; the strength or amount of the CBD oil contained in the product would also factor into any decision. CBD oil is most easily absorbed by direct contact; oral tinctures placed under the tongue are the fastest acting, whereas any product swallowed is dissolved by stomach acid and diluted.
What Types of Illnesses Are Affected?
The wide range of mental health disorders and life-changing illnesses affected by CBD oil use are as follows –
- CBD oil effectively treats the chronic pain involved in illnesses such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can positively impact many mental health disorders, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- It can reduce some cancer-related symptoms such as pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties and be an option for sufferers of epilepsy and MS.
- There are several benefits to the body’s heart and circulatory system, and it can lower blood pressure and increase arterial output.
This is by no means a full list of illnesses; if you or a loved one might gain some benefit from using CBD oil, please investigate the wealth of helpful information available online. If you or someone you know can find some relief from their illness, it will be time well spent.